Full Charge Bookkeeper/Budget Coordinator
Concerned Black Men -National Organization (CBM) a national social service agency is seeking an experienced Full-Charge Bookkeeper for monthly transaction processing and supporting general operations. The applicant must have a minimum of two (2) years of verifiable experience and show proficiency using Quick Books Premier. The applicant must also have strong experience with Microsoft word, Excel and Outlook. This position is part-time requiring office hours of 28 hours per week, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday with the potential to become full time in the future.
The applicant must have a strong working knowledge of the following accounting practices:
- Tracking, verifying and entering of employee hours for payroll
- Review records of draws and actual expenses such as payroll and material costs in comparison to each program’s budget
- Composes narrative material, tables, graphs, and charts relating to the status of funds.
- Work with program managers to develop expenditure forecasts
- Prepares and/or analyzes and certifies accuracy and/or prorates selected billings for reimbursable services and Agreements, contract services, and other expenditures, utilizing an automated accounting system.
- Enters and retrieves data from QuickBooks and spreadsheets and prepares recurring and special reports to the controller on the status of funds, allocation tables, and allotments for various costs.
- Reviews Accounts Payable source documents including requisitions for goods and services, travel authorizations, and invoices for proper cost center codes, other necessary information, and approvals prior to entering data.
- Accounts Receivables with organized collection abilities
- Bank account reconciliations
- Improve our filing systems, both paper and electronic
- General office administration
- Have the ability to create an accurate monthly profit and loss statement for management
- Assist with human resource issues such as health insurance, vacation days, and other employee issues.
- Provide administrative functions including (but not limited to) filing, preparing shipments and mailings, copying, ordering office supplies, recording financial meetings minutes and answer phones when directed
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting
- Working knowledge of various computer programs including QuickBooks, Excel, Microsoft Word and Outlook
- Working knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- A minimum of 2-3 years of full charge bookkeeping experience.
- Ability to work independently and multi-task.
- Strong communications skills.
- Non-profit experience desired
Salary: $14 – $18 per hour depending upon experience.
To Apply: E-mail resume with three supervisory references to: email@example.com